Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Top 8 Performance Show: Paul Brings Out the "Old Time Rock and Roll"

The dramatic introduction tells us that last week was the moment no one saw coming. Really? Am I the only who didn’t fall out of my seat shocked? I mean I was surprised, but I did have her in my bottom three. And Nigel Lythgoe said in an interview that she wasn’t in the top votewise from week to week anyway. More on that later…

Congratulations to Jennifer Lopez on being named “People” Magazine’s most beautiful woman in the world. Although, I’m not sure that dress really supports that tonight…

Let’s do it…

Hmm…will.i.am is back. Is he trying to promote “Rio” or are the rumblings that Jimmy Iovine is bad TV true…

Paul McDonald, “Old Time Rock and Roll”: 18

The vocals were good and the choice was great, but something sounded a little blah. It wasn’t Paul, but something with the arrangement or the band. I thought the song was missing a little grit. And I hated him starting on the steps. That totally messed up the beginning of the song.

But honestly will the good performance matter since he went first?...