Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Top 9 Results Show: Did America Get It Right?

So, did America get it right? Maybe somewhat surprisingly, I believe they did…

After Pia’s performance last night, I tweeted “It’s official. I am so over Pia.” It looks like America agreed with me.

I’m sure that one of the reasons why Randy was so upset is because he’s probably a little worried the whole up tempo debate he started might have hurt her. But she did this to herself because she didn’t nail the up tempo song and I think America started thinking “one trick pony.” It’s possible that people thought she was safe and just didn’t vote, but I don’t think so. I think they were truly over her.

I’m a little late with this because I’ve been watching the debate on Facebook. Most people are upset, but I’m not. Pia took an incredibly high energy song and somehow slowed it down. And when you compared her performance to the others, it just didn’t measure up. Personally, I would’ve preferred Stefano to go home first but I am okay with Pia. It was time for her to go.

What do you guys think? Do you think America made a mistake? Were you as disturbed by Iggy Pop’s performance as most of my Facebook friends? And how about that Constantine performance?

Feel free to post a comment here, post on Facebook, or send me a tweet