Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

My Phoenix Wrap-Up

So “Idol” is finally here and we got at least two of our questions answered…

The first question was how Kara would be and I think we saw very early on that she’s tough but fair. But when the claws need to come out, she’s not afraid to let them and I like that. But she might want to dial down the confidence a little. She’s got a great voice, but she doesn’t need to throw it in everyone’s faces…

The second question was whether the show was really going to be kinder and gentler. And I think that awesome opening montage answered that right away. It might have just been my imagination, but I didn’t think the bad auditions were nearly as awkward as they usually are. I think I only winced once.

And it was nice to see the show end on a high note as opposed to someone cursing up a blue streak at the cameras.

Overall, I thought it was a pretty well-paced, well-edited two hours…

The problem with the audition episodes has always been that we get all excited about someone and then we never see them again. But hopefully with an additional Hollywood Week that won’t happen.

So with that being said, I’ll say that my favorite audition was Emily, although I really liked Cody. But I would definitely look for Scott to be a major story…

The ride has begun, kids. Next stop Kansas City…

In the meantime, let me know what you thought of the episode, the auditions, Kara, whatever by leaving a comment below…

I’ll be back tomorrow for the second episode, plus I’ll let you know how “Idol” did in the ratings tonight. I’m actually less interested in how “Idol” did than I am in how “NCIS” did against it…

Photo Credit: Michael Becker/FOX