Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Friday, January 9, 2009

Where Are the Spoilers?

You’ve probably noticed that I haven’t been posting any stories about potential “ringers” in the “Idol” mix this year. That’s because I have purposely been avoiding all spoilers because I think all of those stories about Carly Smithson, Michael Johns and Brooke White ruined things for me a little last year.

And I am trying to hold fast to my belief that this year is going to be so much better…

So, I won’t reveal anything about the contestants until we actually know who they are. If you just can’t wait, you can check out a number of Internet sites, including VotefortheWorst.com.

But I have to warn you, if the spoiler I accidentally read yesterday is true, then we could have a controversy that puts Carly Smithson to shame…

Want a hint? [If you don’t, stop reading now.] The spoiler says that one of the contestants who made it to Hollywood recorded my favorite song off the soundtrack to one of my favorite movies of all-time. The song is PROMINENTLY featured in the movie, which stars an Academy Award-winning actress.

See what I mean?

I’ll have more on this as the season develops…