Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Monday, January 12, 2009

My "American Idol" Party

So I was thinking that maybe some of you out there are celebrating the return of “Idol” with a party, which reminded me that I never told you guys about my “American Idol” party that I threw last year…


Since I can’t have a party during an actual episode (I am working after all), this party was on a Saturday a few weeks before the finale. I am not going to tell you who was there because I feel I should protect their identities…

There was “Idol” music, “Idol” decorations, “Idol” party favors and an “Idol” cake served on “Idol” plates with “Idol” napkins.


And of course, I had “Idol” invitations and “Idol” thank you cards to thank everyone for coming…


Yes, I’m cheesy and I can’t help it. See now why I want to protect the identity of my guests?

Sadly, the place that made this cake has gone out of business or else I would be telling all of you where to get it since I think it is completely awesome. It tasted pretty good too…


And yes, you are correct, my t-shirt does say Jack Bauer for President 2008…


The plates, napkins, party favors and decorations are all available on the Internet. You can check out one of the sites here.


There’s already talk amongst my friends about trying to get me to have another party. They might change their minds though when they find out that I want to make them sit through “From Justin to Kelly”…
I’m sorry but I will defend that movie ‘til the bitter end…