Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

And going home is...

9:52 We’re back. Let’s do this…Carly, Kristy and Amanda…Carly seems to be pumping them up…Carly…safe…She says, “You’re kidding me.” She is genuinely surprised. Why?...Kristy and Amanda…

9:53 Simon says America got it right for the second week in a row…Kristy…safe...Amanda chases Kristy off to the couch. Amanda flashes a giant smile to the audience…The other contestants console Kristy Lee…I texted my friend during the break that Amanda was going to go and Kristy would get to stay. Come on, America! It’s time for her to go…However, I’m guessing the people who put the tour together are relieved right now. They probably weren’t sure what they were going to do with Amanda…Goodbye video. That goodbye song just doesn’t work, does it?...

9:56 Amanda says that being #11 is more than she could’ve ever expected…Carly is crushed about her roommate…Amanda does “Back in the USSR”…Okay, she deserved to go, but I can’t believe that Kristy gets to tour. I guess the good news is that I’ll be saving about 50 bucks this year…

9:58 The other contestants, led by Carly, run out to hug Amanda…And we’re out…