Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mentors Revealed!

8:57 Sorry, I missed the intro because I was watching the end of the finale of “Top Chef” season one that I had never seen…

8:58 So who are the mentors?...Dolly Parton…Mariah Carey. Yikes!...Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber…Neil Diamond…Some heavy hitters, ladies and gentlemen. Nice!...But I’m guessing Sir Andrew means a Broadway night. Boo hiss!... Remember how bad that was in season four? Even Carrie Underwood botched it…

8:59 Songwriting competition plug…Ryan tells us that Jordin’s CD has now been certified gold. And yes, that is a disappointment. But she does have singles chart success, so that should count for something…I love how they’re trying to make us think “This Is My Now’ was some huge hit…

9:00 Medley time…David A. kicks it off…David C. has a beautiful higher range as he harmonizes with Jason…Sorry, I don’t know the name of this one. Something about “my guitar weeps.” Someone will have to help me out…Okay, girls’ time…Brooke and Ramiele were supposed to be singing together, but there was no sound coming out of Ramiele’s mouth. Has she gotten laryngitis or was there something wrong with her mike?...And the new director strikes again as the camera suddenly jerks from Kristy Lee…Okay, how did they jump up form the bleachers so quickly? That was a little crazy…Amanda is clearly not singing in the group numbers. What will they do with her if she makes the tour…That was a little pathetic…Again, the show should never do the same theme two weeks in a row…

9:04 Break…