Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Top 5 Results Show: Did America Get It Right?

Well, they had me worried for a minute, but in the end, yes, America did get it right. Jacob needed to go home.

But the bigger story here is the first appearance of Lauren in the bottom two. It looks like Haley has taken Lauren’s place as the more popular female contestant. And Haley earned it. It’s not right that America put Lauren in the bottom two over James, but since I love Haley, I’m not unhappy about it. AND, if it gives Lauren the swift kick she needs to stay in this thing and beat out James, I’m okay with that too.

Jimmy said the same thing I did. She chickened out on the big note on “Unchained Melody” and since everyone knows that song, it cost her.

The remix is SERIOUSLY interesting now. Hold on to your hats, kids…

What do you guys think? Are you happy to see Jacob go home? And are you as proud of America as I am for fighting the judges’ manipulation and voting for Haley?

Time to discuss…

And don’t forget you can hear my thoughts tomorrow morning on 100.5 FM WKEE at 6:40…