Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Top 7 Results Show: Did America Get It Right?

So did America get it right? Absolutely 100 percent, they did. And I applaud them for it. I also applaud them for letting their ears overrule their hearts and put Jacob in the bottom three. And, I thank them for not sending Haley home. I know she’ll probably go very soon, but I want to see her stick around at least one more week…

And speaking of next week, Ryan announced at the end of the show that the theme is the music of Carole King. SERIOUSLY?! No offense to Carole King fans, but that’s a total momentum killer in my book. I mean, how can you go from a week that featured Muse to a week of “You’ve Got a Friend” and “I Feel the Earth Move”? It will be interesting, but I’m not sure it will be totally entertaining…

Could the show be trying to hold onto the girls a little longer? Hmmm...

What do you guys think? Did the right person go home? And are you as bummed about Carole King week as I am? Let’s discuss…