Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lee Vs. Crystal: Round 1

Lee is up first. And they’re doing intro videos with their families? That’s dirty…

Lee DeWyze, “The Boxer”: 18
I thought this performance was better than the first time he did it. But I would’ve seriously considered doing “Simple Kind of Man” even though he just did that last week. And as for his lack of passion, I think he was a little starstruck by the huge audience.

Crystal Bowersox, “Me and Bobby McGee”: 18
Maybe I’ve just completely jumped off the Mama Sox train, because I remember liking that song a lot better the first time. It was still good, though, and I think she made the best choice.

Round 1…to Crystal, but just by a smidge. I really hope that stupid winner’s single doesn’t end up making the difference. And I really hope they don’t have them sing it back-to-back because that’s just wrong...