Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Today's Latest on the Finale

So here’s what we know today about tonight’s show…

At least one media outlet has reported that the three songs Lee and Crystal will do tonight will be: contestant’s choice, producer’s choice and winner’s single. No confirmation on that from FOX…

Will Young will most likely appear at the end of the show to sing this year’s farewell song, “Think I’m Gonna Leave Right Now”…

Here are the latest rumors about tomorrow night’s finale…

Melissa Etheridge will duet with Crystal…

Joe Cocker will duet with Lee and/or Crystal…

Paula Abdul will appear in some way for the Simon send-off…

I’m not sure if they’re being extra tight-lipped this season or the media just doesn’t care as much…

By the way, on today’s “Ellen DeGeneres Show,” Simon will tell Ellen that Lee is going to win. Which is exactly what I predicted in my H-D column today. You guys know I’m not usually so bold, but I am feeling it big time…

See you guys tonight…