Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Are You Ready?

Okay…

Red clipboard…check!

Score sheet…check!

Phone ready to vote out the wazoo for favorite contestant…check!

It’s that time again, ladies and gentlemen. Time to begin the Idol performance shows…

For those of you who are new to “Idol Chit-Chat” (and welcome if you are), here’s how this works. I score each contestant’s performance according to the official score sheet of the now defunct “American Idol Magazine.” There are four scoring categories: Vocal Ability, Song Choice, Personality, and Stage Presence. I give each contestant a score of 1-5 in each category with a maximum total score of 20.

Please note that the official “American Idol Magazine” scorecard also includes Appearance as a category, but I eliminated that one after a controversial Carrie Underwood score in season four.

I’ll post my scores and comments during each commercial break. You can share your thoughts as well by posting comments. I’ll add those comments as soon as I can.

So are you ready? I’ll be back in 10…