Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Random Thoughts From the "City That Bears Randy's Name"...

We are now in the final week of auditions and Hollywood Week is just around the corner. Woo-hoo!

But first, it’s off to Jacksonville…

Here are my random thoughts as I was watching…

The city that bears Randy Jackson’s name? Oh boy, that’s a stretch…

Notice the seating arrangement of the judges. I don’t like it…

They’re being extremely generous with the golden tickets. Sharon (“Superstar”) had a nice voice, but it was just too much…

And what is up with the weirdness going on with the judges? This was the next to last audition city, so maybe they just got a little slap happy…

I really thought Kaneswa (“Rapture”) was going to be able to sing. I got the feeling being the “American Idol” was her mom’s dream and not hers…

Julissa (“I Have Nothing”) was not what I was expecting, but I’m not sure how good she was…

And what is up with Paula tonight?...

Even Naomi’s (“Lovin’ You”) friend knew her audition was bad, but notice she didn’t tell her…

And did Simon call Mariah Carey a loon?

It’s nice to see that Kara brought “a couple of friends” to day two…Glad the seating arrangement is back to normal…

George’s wildest dream is to have a marble floor? Wow…And it took me a while to realize he was singing “Walkin’ On Sunshine”…

They told Ann Marie to come back as her? Huh? I thought she looked and sounded fine…

T.K. (“Imagine”) was too over the top? I actually liked it. And Simon said no to him, but yes to those girls in the beginning? What?!...

Why couldn’t Michael (“Jumper”) take in his guitar? And what did he say that upset Simon so much that we missed?...Good for Ryan sticking up for Michael’s mom…

Could Simon have looked Ann Marie (“Bubbly”) up and down any more? I liked her better the first time so I don’t understand what they were doing…

I’ll have my recap in a few minutes…
Photos Credit: Michael Becker/FOX