Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Tonight's Show: WIll Simon's New Best Friend Be Watching?

Before we get to tonight’s show, let me share this statement from Lee Greenwood about Kristy Lee’s performance last night (courtesy of “USA Today”)…

“I was not only flattered but proud to hear ‘God Bless the USA’ on ‘American Idol’ last night. It’s really wonderful to give these young singers a chance to perform on the world’s largest stage to vault their careers. Win or lose, they have a chance to reach an audience never before possible. My only regret is ‘American Idol’ was not on TV when I was at the start of my career."

Notice that he didn’t say he liked the performance…

Greenwood added, “Thanks to the judges for their comments, and, Simon, you’re my new best friend”…

So, now we’re getting set for a long hour of stalling before we find out who’s going home. Everything in my gut says that it’s going to be Carly…

And, remember that Kimberley Locke will be wearing an outfit designed by the fierce, fabulous and flawless Christian Siriano. I hope he’s in the audience…

Back in about 15 with the blow-by-blow…