Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Monday, February 18, 2008

The Top 12 Girls

Here are the top 12 girls that you’ll see on Wednesday night…

Alaina Whitaker, 16, Tulsa, OK





Alexandrea Lushington, 17, Douglasville, GA






Amanda Overmyer, 23, Mulberry, IN






Syesha Mercado, 21, Sarasota, FL
She reminds me of Christina Christian from season one, who Simon had a huge crush on.




Amy Davis, 25, Lowell, IN






Asia’h Epperson, 19, Joplin, MO






Brooke White, 24, Mesa, AZ
I totally agree with Simon that she’s a little like Carly Simon. But did you notice we did not see her stall during her first Hollywood audition the first time they showed it?


Carly Smithson, 24, San Diego, CA





Joanne Borgella, 25, Hoboken, NJ






Kady Malloy, 18, Houston
You’ll remember her as the Britney Spears impersonator.





Kristy Lee Cook, 24, Salem, OR
She didn’t get a yes in the first round, so I’m curious to know what she sang in the last round that got her through.




Ramiele Malubay, 20, Miramar, FL

For me, it’s really hard to look past Carly. There’s no doubt that she’s got a great voice, but it just bothers me that she already had a song on the radio and now she’s got a good shot at being America’s next “undiscovered” talent. I would feel a lot better if “Idol” would just come clean about it. Nigel says that all the buzz about her is just Internet talk and won’t affect the voting, but I think he’s wrong. Or maybe I’m just hoping he is…

As for a favorite, I really like Joanne, so I hope she brings it this week.

Remember that the girls will perform Wednesday at 8 p.m. on FOX…