Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Auditions Day Eight: FINALLY!

FINALLY! We have reached the end of the auditions!

Here are my thoughts on tonight’s “best of the rest” episode…

Okay, Amy (“Blue Bayou”) did not have that good of a voice. That was all about the cleavage…

Hey, tell me I’m wrong…

Okay, did I hear Tiffany (“Hallelujah”) say that her preacher told her that her voice was “still maturing”? I guess she didn’t catch what he was saying…

I thought Ashley said those twins (that weird rap) could sing?...

But now that I hear her (“(Black) High Heels”), I understand…And was that her boyfriend saying they had lied to her about her voice? Okay…

And what was up with Simon melting at the sight of a puppy?...

I really like JoAnne (“I Love You”). She’s gorgeous. I don’t care what she weighs…

And did you notice how Simon said JoAnne was a nice girl after she left so we didn’t think he said no because of her weight?...

Ryan, stop singing!...

Wow! Randy and Paula were right about Alesha (“Islands in the Stream”). She did sound like Dolly Parton! And wow! Simon admitted they were right!...

Okay, J Love (“Beautiful Lady”) might have made it through if not for that weird shrieking…and the glitter…

And Simon not knowing how a broom works? Priceless…

Chikezie (“All the Woman I Need”) was good. Wonder what was wrong with him last season?

Danny (“Proud Mary”) has a great voice. I hope we get to hear him sing something else…

I think Randy and Renaldo (“We Are All Brothers”) should duet on his album…

Did you notice that slight hesitation in Ryan’s voice when he said the auditions “never disappoint. Do they?” That was probably just a mistake, but it felt like he was sincerely unsure…

So Tuesday, it’s the Hollywood Round in two glorious hours. Wednesday, the top 24 is revealed and then the fun starts…

FINALLY!