Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Auditions Day Seven: Hot-lanta!

This is it, ladies and gentleman! The final week of auditions! Woo-hoo!

Here are my thoughts…

Why did Ryan treat his parents like someone he was interviewing on the red carpet?...Or maybe not even that chummy?...

Another Clay slam? What has Simon got against him? He made him tons of money…

I would’ve rejected Joshua (that Queen song) because he was scary and his voice wasn’t that great…

It’s clear that T.J. (“Me and My Gang”) has been taking some kind of lessons, but I think he might need a refund…

I was sincerely hoping Asia’h (“How Do I Live”) could sing since she came to “Idol” only two days after her dad’s death. You could see the admiration (and a little shock) on Simon’s face. But since I know you’re thinking it, I think she would’ve made it anyway…

I loved it when Brooke (the Jackson Five song) worried about straining her vocal cords with her scream. And what about Simon saying he didn’t want her to sing well? I didn’t think she was all that annoying. I guess he really does have a pageant block…

I couldn’t help but laugh at Eva (“A Thousand Miles”) when she slipped on her number. That looks like something I would do—minus the dancing…

Alexandrea’s (“My Funny Valentine”) great-grandmother is 93?! Holy crap, she looks good!...

I thought Michael (“I Wanna Love You”) was cute. I would’ve let him through…

What was up with Nathan’s (“Paralyzer”) pacing? And did he really think he was funny? That was uncomfortable…

Amanda (“Mean Woman”) may be an excellent nurse, but if she came in to see me, I’d probably tell her to leave. Good voice, though…

So, what will Josiah’s (“To Run”) family say when they see him living in his car? I like a guy from Tennessee having a British cockney accent…

In all, 20 people made it through in Atlanta. Tomorrow, it’s “the best of the rest” and then we’re off to Hollywood…