Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Top 13 Performance Show: A VERY Quick Recap

Believe it or not, we’re just minutes away from results show time and I still haven’t watched last night’s “Idol.” Welcome to my crazy life…

So I just quickly watched a little bit of each of the performances on the website. Here are my general thoughts on each one…

Joshua Ledet, “I Wish”: Joshua was amazing. I just hope that people didn’t forget about me because he was at the top of the show…

Elise Testone, “I’m Your Baby Tonight”: I’m not sure this showed off her voice all that well. And she never connected with the audience.

Jermaine Jones, “Knocks Me Off My Feet”: This one was much more in his wheelhouse than last week’s. But he still had some wobbles. I don’t get him, but America loves him…

Erika Van Pelt, “I Believe in You and Me”: Good, but something off for me. Looked gorgeous…

Colton Dixon, “Lately”: Colton’s got a whole David Cook thing going for him. And of course, I like that…

Shannon Magrane, “I Have Nothing”: Shannon’s performance is a good example of why the judges always say to stay away from Whitney Houston songs. Of course, she had no choice here. But the song was too big for her. She should’ve made it her own a little more instead of trying to copy the original…

DeAndre Brackensick, “Master Blaster”: I still don’t get him, but he did give a decent performance…

Skylar Laine: “Where Do Broken Hearts Go”: Jessica Sanchez is getting all the headlines today, but I thought this performance was very solid and a good countrification of a Whitney song…

Heejun Han: “All In Love Is Fair”: It was pretty, but terribly boring. He could be in trouble if he wasn’t so popular…

Hollie Cavanagh: “All the Man I Need”: Solid, but a little blah. I think she could’ve shook it up a little…

Jeremy Rosado, “Ribbon In the Sky”: This was beautiful. And I really like him…

Jessica Sanchez, “I Will Always Love You”: Just as gorgeous as everyone’s been saying all day…

Phillip Phillips, “Superstition”: Sorry. This didn’t work for me at all. And clearly he’s a show favorite since he got the pimp spot when the show clearly should have closed with Jessica…

What I have the most opinion about is the twist of the judges deciding who goes home. But I’ll discuss that more in depth later tonight…

With the new twist in mind, I think Elise will be the lowest female votegetter and DeAndre the lowest male votegetter. And then the judges will have to choose between two of their faves. I think if it comes down to this twosome, they’ll go with DeAndre, because they see him as more commercial…

For the record, I think the worst performances were Shannon and Jermaine, but I think they’re more popular with America..

Be back in a minute…