Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Top 25 Results: Did America Get It Right?

So before I answer the question of whether America got it right or not, let me first answer the question of whether I got it right or not. I actually did pretty well. I picked Skylar, Shannon and Jessica correctly and I was right that Elise, Hollie and Jen would all be in the mix. But I totally underestimated the judges’ love for Erika. But after hearing her again tonight, I’m okay with Erika…

As for the guys, I was right about Jermaine, Heejun and Joshua. And yes, Reed was in the mix. But this time I underestimated the judges’ love for DeAndre. Personally, I don’t agree but I see the commercial potential they see in him.

So now is a good time to ask the question, Did the judges get it right? With Erika and Jeremy, yes. I think Creighton is a better singer, but Jeremy is going to be awesome on the show. So I’m okay with that. As I said before, I don’t see it with DeAndre.

And I’m also disappointed with the people they chose to sing. I’m guessing they were trying to keep it even with girls and guys because Brielle was a total waste of time and Reed was all about the entertainment. They should have given those moments to people who actually deserved it.

So, did America get it right? I think for the most part they did. Even though I preferred Creighton and Reed, I am totally okay with Colton and Phillip. And even though I thought Jen had a good shot, I’m okay with Elise. She has a great voice. If America had put through Haley, you would have heard me screaming through the computer…

Before I end this post, let me say one more thing about Point Pleasant’s Chase Likens. It’s been my pleasure to talk with his family and his friends and even him about this experience. He’s a great guy and I know he’s going places. And I can’t wait to see where those places are…

Now I turn it over to you guys. What do you think of the Top 13? And are you as over DeAndre’s hair flips as I am?

Discuss…