Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Top 12 Girls: Who's Going Through?

So when my husband watched the recap, he said, “Well as far as legs go”…

Yes, looks really did dominate the show tonight, but there were some solid performances as well. However, I’m still a little traumatized by Haley’s “Sweet Dreams” performance. Annie Lennox is always my artist of choice whenever I perform, so I genuinely hope that I sound better than that. Feel free to agree with me if you’ve heard me. It will seriously help my self esteem…

So, who’s going through? Just like with the guys, I see three girls who are definitely going through. One girl on the fence and the fifth spot up for grabs…

In the definite category, I would put Skylar Laine, Shannon Magrane and Jessica Sanchez. Jen Hirsh is a little borderline. But that fifth spot is up for grabs between Elise Testone and Hollie Cavanaugh. If either Elise or Hollie don’t get in on votes, they’ll most likely get a Wild Card.

Interestingly, the “Idol” promo tonight said six girls would survive. Was that a mistake or does one of the Wild Cards have to be a girl? Hmmm…

The Wild Card in the voting is definitely Baylie Brown. Her performance was weak, but it’s hard to deny how beautiful she is. And it wouldn’t be the first time beauty won out over talent…

What do you guys think? Who’s going through? And do you think the girls were better than the guys?

Discuss…