Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Top 5 Performance Show: James Kicks It Off

We’re getting started quickly tonight. No intros of anyone. Just straight to the THIS! I like that…

I take that back. We had to intro Ryan. And Anthony Hopkins is in the house? YIKES! I guess he’s going to plug “Thor”…

Kelly Preston in the house…

Dang, Haley looks good! I love that outfit…

Ryan says that tonight is one of the most important nights of the season. Randy says it’s because we need to see who’s in it to win it. I couldn’t agree more..

Sheryl Crow sat in on Jimmy’s mentoring sessions this week. Interesting…Sheryl Crow was a backup singer for Michael Jackson? Really? Huh…Sounds like she’s got a clue about this…

So let’s see it!

James Durbin, “Closer to the Edge”: 15

This was the perfect choice and he blew it. Instead of just concentrating on the vocals, he decided to go out into the audience and high five everyone. And he was flat for most of the song. Plus, once again he missed the scream. I wish he would just stop those and just sing! Not sure what the judges were listening to…

And let me say, WOW! Sheryl’s harmonies during the mentoring session were incredible!..