Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Top 6 Results Show: Time For a Medley

8:00 A live intro. Where is our pretty edited recap video? I guess they need to stall a lot tonight so they’re going to do that later? I was really starting to like those…Opening Credits…Judges Intro…Check out that skin tight red dress JLo is wearing…Ryan intro…

8:01 Ryan says “a lot of fans are going to be disappointed with tonight’s results.” Notice he didn’t say shocked, so…Ryan intros the Idols and they head to the couch…Ryan intros Steven Tyler, who graces the cover of “People” this week…He’s also on the cover of “Rolling Stone” and Ryan shows them both…Ryan asks if he’s a good guy now?...#Tylerism Alert: “I may be good but when I’m bad I’m even better”…Charlie Sheen joke? Really, Ryan…The Idols visited the British Royal Consulate in honor of the Royal Wedding…Fred Willard is there because? I love him and he’s such a nice guy. I had the honor of talking to him last year…

8:05 Ryan intros a Carole King medley from the group…They are milking this Casey-Haley thing for all its worth…This is a little rough. Lauren and Haley are totally outsinging the guys, interestingly enough…Scotty is singing in a group of girls…I read today that the music coaches are working with him to not hold his microphone sideways anymore because they’re unidirectional mics and they need to be held straight…Wow, Carole King wrote a lot of stuff…Is it just me or is James getting better each week. His voice is really pure when he actually uses it…It ended a little better, but still…After the break…