Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Did America Get It Right?

So did America get it right? For the most part, I would say no, they did not. Ashley was the right call because her performance was mediocre and I’ve never really liked her anyway. But the rest, I think were totally wrong…

Even though Tyler came off creepy, his vocals were not worse than Jermaine or Tim by a long shot. I would’ve liked to have seen what else he could do if he dropped the 70s act…

And even though I think Tyler throwing the judges under the bus was a little classless, I do sort of see his point. The judges seemed to really like his 70s/Jim Morrison vibe and then they trashed him for continuing it last night. If they wanted him to change, they should have told him sooner…

I believe that Janell definitely deserved another chance. I didn’t think her performance was all that bad and I hate to see her go. But the real wrong here was done to Joe Munoz who absolutely did not deserve to go home. He was one of the few guys who put together a good performance Wednesday. Clearly, Tim Urban got some sympathy votes. Even he knew it should have been him.

America will get a chance to make things right next week as the Top 10 girls and Top 10 guys take the stage a little wiser, and hopefully, a lot better…

What do you think? Did the right people go home? Post a comment and share your thoughts…