Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Season 8 CD: Good Choices?

After taking a few seasons off, “Idol” is once again releasing a compilation CD.

And EW.com has the exclusive first look at the tracklist:

1. Kris Allen, "No Boundaries"
2. Danny Gokey, "Stand By Me"
3. Allison Iraheta, "I Can't Make You Love Me"
4. Matt Giraud, "Human Nature"
5. Adam Lambert, "Mad World"
6. Kris Allen, "She Works Hard for the Money"
7. Lil Rounds, "I Surrender"
8. Scott MacIntyre, "Just The Way You Are"
9. Michael Sarver, "You Are Not Alone"
10. Megan Corkrey, "Walkin' After Midnight"
11. Anoop Desai, "Always On My Mind"
12. Adam Lambert, "No Boundaries"

I’ve got to say, as far as these compilations go, this one’s pretty weak. I appreciate the choice of “Money” for Kris, and I like Adam's version of "Boundaries" getting some love, but “Love” for Allison? And “Stand” for Danny? And “Nature” over “Part-Time Lover” for Matt?

The CD will be sold exclusively at Wal-Mart beginning June 30th…

What do you guys think of the choices?
Photo Credit: Walmart.com