Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Sunday, June 21, 2009

New Music From Adam Lambert This Summer?

Adam Lambert’s album on 19/RCA won’t be released until the fall, but fans will get some new music from him this summer thanks to an opportunistic record label…

HiFi Recordings announced Friday that it will release “On With the Show,” an album of material that Adam recorded in 2007 and 2008 before his time on “Idol,” in conjunction with Wilshire Records.

HiFi has made the first single, “Want,” available on its website.

Adam released a statement on Friday, saying, “Back in 2005 when I was a struggling artist, I was hired as a studio singer to lend my vocals to tracks written by someone else. I was broke at the time and this was my chance to make a few bucks, so I jumped at the opportunity to record for my first time in a professional studio. The work I did back then in no way reflects the music I am currently in the studio working on. I'm thrilled to be working with some of today's hottest songwriters and producers and can't wait for people to hear what my music really sounds like.”

Since the HiFi website says Adam co-wrote many of these songs and that they were recorded in 2007-2008, it is in conflict with Adam’s statement. So who’s telling the truth here? I don’t know. But I do know that this is a pretty awkward situation for Adam. I feel pretty sorry for him…

Photo Credit: Frank Micelotta/FOX