Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Next Set...

Shelby Tyler, 9, is doing “Part of Your World.” She does the singing and the talking parts. Donna applauds her for picking a kids’ song.

Kenna Haynes, 9, does “No Place That Far.”

The audience is still spilling in, but I have yet to see one sign. But I’m smelling a lot of popcorn and that’s making me hungry…

I have to say that Kenna reminds me a little of me. I consider that a compliment, but you’d have to ask someone who knew me at 9 to see if they agree…

Alexa Jay Preston, 9, does “Amazing Grace.” She’s wearing a very pretty dress I’m a little jealous of…She sang the first verse very slowly and reverential and then she picked up the tempo, closing with the slow phrase, I liked that . Paula would say she made it her own…

Samantha Spence, 11, doing “Picture to Burn.” That’s a popular song tonight.