Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, April 23, 2009

The Final Performances

David Cordial, 34, is doing “In the Ghetto.” That’s a popular choice with the audience.

April Murphy, 34, is doing “Something More,” but there’s a small break in the action as the screw came out of the microphone stand. April doesn’t let it bother her,though.

Lisa Castle. 36, is doing “Because of You.” She does a nice job of milking all the drama out of it.

Melissa Shell, 38, is doing “Famous In a Small Town.” Okay, I think now that Brian has hit a certain age, he could skip saying it. I think that would only be fair. Again another one I don’t know, but she seems to nail the rhythm of it.

I should have studied up on my country music before tonight…

DeWayne Thompson, 39, is doing “Long Black Train.” And yes, he did hit all of those low notes. He even talks with that low voice.

C.C. Dixon is doing “I Told You So.” I’m betting this one will also be popular during “Idol” auditions next season. But it’s a tough one and she hits that big note on “told.”

Todd LaFon, 33, is doing “She’s Got It All,” complete with cowboy hat. Where was everyone else’s hats tonight with all those country songs.

Our last performer, Lee Mercati, is doing “Greatest Love of All.” I’m surprised we didn’t hear more Whitney tonight. I guess it’s an age thing…

Jenny Pemberton, the Paramount Marketing Director takes the stage to say goodbye and to thank everyone and tell them to log on to the website to vote tomorrow morning...

Final thoughts in a moment...