Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Saturday, February 7, 2009

What Really Happened to David Osmond?

So what really happened to David Osmond?

His uncle Donny got the inside scoop for “Entertainment Tonight”:

“It was crazy. It was insane. I'm sitting there in the Kodak Theatre [with the] judges to my right, my group's there ready to go and my voice slips away…By lunch, I started to have a vocal problem. I didn't know what it was. I wasn't sick or anything. By dinner, I couldn't sing a note. I couldn't get a tone out, and I had full-blown laryngitis within about eight hours.”

And that wasn’t more dramatic than Katrina’s antics? They couldn’t have shown us that? Maybe they were afraid to because they knew we would side against the judges…

Sadly, because of David’s age, this was his last year of eligibility for “Idol”…

Here’s a video of David singing an original song, “Last Day,” on the “ET” set…