Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

It's Not Long Now...

So, we’re now only fifteen minutes away from what will probably be the closest finale since Ruben and Clay.

Normally by this time I have the song list for you, but all of the websites are disagreeing with each other, so we’ll all just have to wait and see. If the guys have chosen the “coronation” songs that one site says they are, they could actually be good…

Shocker, I know…

In case I have some people joining me for the first time tonight, let me go over my ratings system. I use the official scorecard from “American Idol” magazine (which is no longer in publication). The scorecard uses four categories: Vocal Ability, Song Choice, Personality and Stage Presence (The official scorecard also has Appearance, but I eliminated that one after some controversial scores in season four.). Each category has a maximum score of five. Those scores are added together to get the contestant’s total, with a maximum score of 20.

Tonight, two of the songs will only be scored out of 15 since the Davids won’t be making the choice.

I’ll be back in fifteen to begin the big showdown…