Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

David C. Says "Hello" and Jason sings "Hallelujah"

David Cook, “Hello”: 19
I really liked that arrangement (Could someone tell me whether he really came up with that or if he was just copying someone else?). I took one point off for that little bit of a scream that didn’t quite work. And apparently Simon has no hard feelings about David’s attitude last week.

And could someone tell me why no one tested that guitar before the live show?

Jason Castro, “Hallelujah”: 19
Doesn’t Jason know this is the bad ju-jus song (Refer to my “Stay Tuned” blog about that one.)? I mean, can you imagine if he got eliminated and had to sing this one? He missed that last “hallelujah,” but it was a good performance of a great song. And you just know he could have killed it on the guitar, but he decided to concentrate on the vocal…

And by the way, Michael McDonald recorded this song on his new CD, but he goes a little more with the Leonard Cohen version. It’s not quite the same…