Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Monday, January 28, 2008

Remembering ‘Blow Your Mind”

Here’s more on the whole Carly controversy…

According to “USA Today,” Carly’s CD, “Ultimate High” eventually sold 2400 copies…

The more I think about it, I’m pretty sure that one of the XM Radio channels played Carly’s single, “I’m Gonna Blow Your Mind” quite a bit.

I remember listening to it whenever it came on because it was a catchy tune and I used to get a kick out of the silly lyrics (At one point she refers to “a place where the sun don’t shine.”). But I never would have guessed it was by a teenager.

What was MCA thinking?

However, this just reinforces my belief that Carly should not get a second chance through “Idol.”

And even if she has made it to the semifinals, as VotefortheWorst.com suggests, because that hasn’t been announced, there is still time for “Idol” to do the right thing.

But then maybe “Idol” is waiting for us to do that…