Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Another frank Kelly interview...

Another magazine cover, another frank interview with Kelly Clarkson…

This time, it’s “Elle” magazine, in which Kelly dishes on her CD troubles (of course), her personal life and she shares a major nugget about her “Idol Gives Back” performance…

Kelly said she’s never been in love. “I know people probably think I’ve been heartbroken, because of the stuff I’ve sung and written…I love my friends and my family. But I have never said the words, ‘I love you’ to anyone in a romantic relationship. Ever”…

She told the magazine, she’s only had three boyfriends. None are famous and two remain her close friends. The third is the inspiration for “Never Again,” who she refuses to name…

I guess that leaves out Justin Guarini. And sorry, Kelly, but there is no way you could write those songs about a guy you were not in love with…

Kelly also told “Elle” she doesn’t want children. “My point of view is that I shouldn’t be a mother at all, because I’d be horrible. I’m not willing to be that selfless”…

Remember how I said that there was no way Kelly would sing “Never Again” at “Idol Gives Back” because it wouldn’t be appropriate? I guess her record company thought differently. Kelly tells “Elle” that they wanted her to sing it. “And I was like, to promote yourself on a charity event is beyond crass. People are starving and dying and I’m up there singing some bitter pop song? And believe me, everyone wanted me to sing it. Because they are jaded and they have no soul. Imagine sitting in a room full of people totally against you. Can’t they hear themselves speaking? Capitalize on AIDS? Are you kidding? Insulting an entire nation of people? I just refused”…

YIKES!

Simon Cowell told “Elle” of her performance of “Up to the Mountain,” “She was incredible. When you let her come back on the show it makes everybody else look like an amateur.” He also said that Clarkson is the best Idol winner yet “without question”…

Since Simon has always said Fantasia was his favorite winner, you have to wonder why he is championing Kelly so much lately. Does he too have a beef with Clive?...

“Elle” is on newsstands now…