Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, April 12, 2007

Could Sanjaya soon have "the best of both worlds"?

I'm not sure whether I should scream or cry at this next one...

If Billy Ray Cyrus has his way, Sanjaya could soon be making "Hannah Montana" swoon.

Remember I told you that "Idol" and "Dancing With the Stars" share studio space? Well, Billy Ray ran into Sanjaya this week and they talked about "Hannah."

Here's Billy Ray's take on the conversation, courtesy of "Access Hollywood":

"Yeah we were talking last night. I was practicing a little camp work out there in the back and getting ready for my thing and Sanjaya came out of the studio. I said hey man. I said how you doing? Congratulations on all your success and he came over and shook my hand and said hey you're Billy Ray Cyrus man. My family loves you man. We love Hannah Montana and I said well you need to come up and be a guest on Hannah Montana. He said I'd love to man, I'd love to. He said where you filming at? I said just up the street you know and he said tell them to write me in, I'll be there. I'm gonna go tell them Mr. Sanjaya said he would be glad to come on the show and I think it would be really cool for him and Miley to hook up. I just want him to sport that porcupine deal man."

Again, I'll remind everyone that Sanjaya can make no appearances without the permission of 19 Entertainment, but I can't believe they'd turn this one down. And it would have to be a win for Disney. Sanjaya, the hearthrob of tween girls everywhere on the most popular show among tween girls? Can't you just hear the girls scream?

But I'm thinking that Billy Ray should check with Miley first. After all, she is the star...

If you're not familiar with "Hannah Montana," be sure to check my Stay Tuned blog at http://media.herald-dispatch.com/blog/tuned/2007/03/my-friday-night-obsession-hannah.html...




Labels: