Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Friday, February 23, 2007

The Day After: Noonatics Rejoice!

Almost lost in all of last night’s elimination hullabaloo was the announcement of some of the artists who will mentor the contestants this season. I’m guessing the show felt it was necessary to divulge some of the names since they were already starting to leak out…

As I told you yesterday, Jennifer Lopez and Gwen Stefani are on the list, as are Jon Bon Jovi, Martina McBride, Diana Ross, Barry Gibb, Tony Bennett and for a British Invasion night, Lulu and Peter Noone of Herman’s Hermits.

This morning, I talked with a Noonatic, as Peter Noone’s fans are called, and she told me that Noone’s phone has been ringing off the hook since last night. Noone’s manager said it had been pretty hard for her not to spill the secret. No date has been set yet, but you know I’ll pass it on when I get it.

By the way, I should mention that Herman’s Hermits starring Peter Noone will be in concert April 21st at 8 p.m. at the Vern Riffe Center for the Arts at Shawnee State University in Portsmouth (along with Mickey Dolenz of the Monkees). For more info, visit www.rocknrollhouseparty.com...

Labels: