Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"Hollyweird"

So “Hollyweird” did live up to its nickname, but the episode also produced one of the show’s all-time sweetest moments…

And yes, I know it was technically L.A., but that didn't sound as cool...

My thoughts…

Did you see how scared Olivia Newton-John was by Martik, the panther? Maybe that was why she was so easy on him…

Was Marianna trying to be Cher or Shakira? She actually had a voice if she knew what to do with it. I wonder what her mom sounded like if she thought Marianna was good? And Simon and Randy checking the mom out? That was wrong…but funny…

I think Olivia wants to go home now…

Was that our friend Ashanti in that “won’t take no for an answer” montage or did she just go to the same drama school as Ashanti?...

I didn’t think Elena (“I’m Feelin’ Good”) had that good of a voice, so I guess Simon saw something else…

Does Phuong really think she looks like Taylor Hicks?...

And does Olivia tell everyone “You did well”? Stop being so nice!...

Where did that gorgeous acoustic version of “Do I Make You Proud” come from?...

What a great song choice by Brandon (“Always On My Mind”)! Simple melody, sweet lyrics—that’s how it’s done…

Sorry, I’m with Paula. Sherman’s song for his wife was one of the sweetest moments I’ve ever seen on “Idol.” And he was a good singer! I think that was probably the only reason the screeners let him through or else they’d open the flood gates for tons of people doing the same thing…

Simon says there are four from L.A. who could make the finals. And that was only after day one. Hmmm…

Did Cavett just say she loved the flavor of Darold’s grill? Okay…

Did Eric Mueller (“Fly”) look familiar to anyone else? And I think that’s the first time I’ve ever heard someone sing (or try to sing, in this case) Hilary Duff…

And why didn’t Eric stick around to find out why Simon wanted to talk to him so bad? THAT was funny…

The final audition show is Tuesday at 8 p.m., followed by a clip show on Wednesday at 9 p.m. Then, it’s the Hollywood rounds. Woo hoo!...

Labels: