Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Season 10 Finale: Did America Get It Right?

So yes, I was wrong. I should have gone with what logic and conventional wisdom told me. But in my defense, since when does “Idol” follow logic and conventional wisdom? I think I got manipulated by the emotion of it all and I thought America would too. But clearly the Scotty nation would have none of that…

So for the final time this season, let me ask the question I always ask at this time each week. Did America get it right? Honestly, no, I don’t think they did.

Not that I don’t think Scotty is a great choice, because he is. I just think Lauren more embodied the “American Idol.”

And now that we know the winner, the big question now is: Are Lauren and Scotty a couple? Sure seemed like it, didn’t it?

Don’t forget that you can hear my thoughts tomorrow morning at 6:35 a.m. on 100.5 FM WKEE and my final column of the season will appear Tuesday in “The Herald-Dispatch.”

So now, what do you guys think? Did America get it right? And do you agree that Scotty and Lauren would be a super cute couple?

Let’s discuss! And don’t forget you can hit me up on Facebook or Twitter as well…