Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Top 11 Redux Results: Trying Something a Little Different

Let’s do this…

8:00 Super dramatic intro to the recap…“The world is watching…”…Lots of Steven Tyler soundbites…The last words on the screen: “You won’t believe who’s going home.” Uh oh. I knew I had a nervous feeling for some reason…

8:01 Opening credits…Judges intro…Ryan intro…Over 55 million votes, a new record for this stage and 25 million more than last week…Top 11 intro…Ryan sends them over to the couch and they seem a little confused…I left the room for a second so I’ve just seen that Ryan has gone back to his old hairdo for the most part…They’re dividing contestants into smaller groups to sing instead of a group number. I’m guessing they’re doing some testing for the tour…It’s Lauren and Scotty doing “I Told You So”…It’s really pretty…Standing ovation from the judges…

8:07 Ryan calls Scotty and Lauren over to the center of the stage…Dim the lights…You know they’re both safe…And they are…After the break...