Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Will the Real Casey Abrams Please Stand Up?

Casey Abrams has already been declared one of the favorites to win “American Idol” this season. But there is someone who is not very happy with him…

His name is Casey Abrams and he’s a singer/songwriter from Boston. He and his band, The Mysterious Strangers, just released their latest record, “Oh, You Kid,” earlier this month.

Abrams addressed the confusion in a recent press release by saying, “There’s a lot of confusion going on. My record is being reviewed and my shows are being promoted, but the press are putting up pictures of the ‘Idol’ contestant. TMZ has my bio alongside of his photo. Even my Wikipedia page mentions ‘American Idol.’ I’ve been getting lots of well wishes from fans for my recent, so-called ‘tummy troubles’ and I apparently now play the stand-up bass. It’s something of an identity crisis!”

You can learn more about Casey Abrams and The Mysterious Strangers on their website.

Photo Credit: CaseyAbrams.com