Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Monday, August 2, 2010

The Latest on the Judges

FOX didn’t make any announcements about “Idol” at TCA Tour today, but Chairman Peter Rice did have some things to say…

According to an article at Billboard.com, Rice said that some of the media speculation about the new judges was accurate and some of it was “wildly inaccurate.” He also didn’t comment on the futures of Randy Jackson or Kara DioGuardi. Or on whether Nigel Lythgoe is continuing as Executive Producer.

Rice did say he tried to talk Ellen DeGeneres into staying…

Meanwhile, Steven Tyler said on the radio show, “Kid Kraddick in the Morning,” that “Idol” was a “work in progress.”

From Billboard.com:

“This beautiful girl from Fox came up to me and made an offer. I honored her offer… and it's just a work in progress. They mentioned it and I listened, and we're on tour, so I gotta give it some time.”

On what kind of judge he would be, he said, “I would be honest to the ones that think they have it, and I would be truthful in the sense that if, to those that have it, they don't have it yet enough. And I would tell them exactly why, as I see it.”

Could he be the second coming of Paula Abdul? Please, please, please?!

Rice said he wanted to have the judges in place by mid-September, when the panel would start participating in the auditions…

Stay Tuned…