Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Orlando: THIS is Officially a Snoozefest

So since Ryan FINALLY ripped out a “THIS is American Idol” and I adore Kristin Chenoweth, I was optimistic about tonight’s episode…

Sadly, my optimism was misplaced. Although there a couple of interesting moments, the hour was once again a bit of a snoozefest...

Here are my thoughts on Orlando…

Why did Ryan help Theo (“Heartbreaker”) take his glitter off? That was a little weird. And even though he couldn’t sing, I’d have to give Theo props for his song choice. More people should do that one…

Poor hungover Simon…

They couldn’t have just let Seth’s (“Someone to Watch Over Me”) son in? That was a little cruel…

I didn’t think Jermaine (“Smile”) was nearly as good as Randy thought he was…

I didn’t think Shelby (“Turn Me On”) was that good at all…

19 people went through on day one? Orlando’s already outdoing Chicago…

And the point of even having Kristin Chenoweth on tonight was what?...

I am wounded to the core that Randy doesn’t remember Blake Lewis’ name. I love him and I love Jay (“Come Together” & “Ain’t No Sunshine”). He can actually sing if Randy and Kara would have shut up long enough to let us hear it…

Brittany’s choice of “American Boy” for her audition song was a good one…

Cornelius (“Proud Mary”) definitely made an impression with his split pants, but I loved the look on that little boy’s face when Ryan picked him up. It was like, what does this guy think he’s doing…

Why did Simon prefer Bernadette (“Hit the Road Jack”) over Amanda (“I Wanna Dance With Somebody”)? I thought Amanda was better. Maybe he thought Amanda was cuter?...

Even if you hadn’t seen the constant teasers throughout tonight’s episode, you knew Jarrod (“Amazing Grace”) was going to be trouble. But what did he do that caused them to bring out the handcuffs? And even though he couldn’t really sing, I thought he sounded just like some singer but I can’t place who…

And Simon’s “yes or no” reaction is exactly why I love him and will miss him terribly…

Even though I thought he was good, I was surprised at how much Simon liked Matthew (“Trouble”). Kara said he’s going to the Top 12, but he reminds me of the kind of guy who forgets his words during Group Day and ends up getting cut…

Of course, I still don’t know if they plan on doing Group Day this year. Man, do I hope so…

All in all 31 got golden tickets. Much better than what we saw last night…

My favorites would of course be Jay.

Next week we head to LA with Katy Perry and Avril Lavigne and Dallas with Joe Jonas and the fabulous Neal Patrick Harris.

NPH will save us from this snoozefest, won’t he?