Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Kris Vs. Adam: Igniting a Firestorm

Wow! Sometimes the most harmless comments come back to bite me…

In my review of Kris Allen’s CD I wrote, “There are A LOT of potential singles here. I just hope that 19’s obvious infatuation with Adam Lambert doesn’t keep us from being able to hear all of them.”

If you’ve been reading the comments on my review, you know that set some people off…

So I feel like I must clarify myself a little bit, which I don’t always do, just to calm the storm that’s starting to get a little ugly.

First of all, I’m not blaming Adam for any failures Kris may have. Adam is supremely talented and deserves to have a great career. I am merely concerned that 19 may not promote Kris as much as they have been promoting Adam. That’s all I meant.

Remember that I am privy to some of the behind-the-scenes action here as far as publicists and press releases. Kris’ people are fantastic and are working very hard to promote him but they have some catching up to do.

Yes it is a shame that Adam and Kris will forever be compared (a la Clay and Reuben) and I probably shouldn’t have added to that. But you guys read this thing for my opinion, so I gave it to you…

As they say on “Top Chef,” “let the flames begin”…

Photo Credit: Michael Becker/FOX