Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Simon Cowell on Paula: "She was the heart of the show"

Last week, Simon Cowell gave his most extended statement yet on the Paula situation to FOX News Channel’s “Pop-Tarts” blog…

“She's taken the decision in her life now, which you have to respect her for making the decision. I didn't want to get involved in what was going on because it wasn't really any of my business but I spoke to her a lot through the whole process. I always thought she was the heart of the show. I'm not the heart, I'm not even the brain actually. But she was the heart, so you've taken that away so it's a different show. I’m sad, I am. I'll probably see her next week. I'm going to listen to what she wants to do next. I will support her in anything she wants to do next. I think she is TV gold, genuinely.”

Randy Jackson told the blog that he was proud of Paula for standing her ground. “Me and Ryan and Simon and her started this journey together so I’m really shocked and really proud and really just couldn't believe she’s not here. We love her I'm sure she’s going to be great whatever she decides to do. Spoke to her couple days ago. I think she's doing pretty good. It was a really a tough time as you can imagine.”