Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

So Who's Going Through?

Obviously these contestants didn’t watch “Idol” during seasons one through three. Because if they had, they would have realized they couldn’t make the same mistakes as people in seasons four through seven.

As I’ve told you guys, this season’s semifinal round isn’t about the two worst, it’s about the three best. That means you get one shot and you’d better bring it. You can’t do your favorite song, or your grandmother’s favorite song, or a tribute song for your family. You have to do the song that showcases you the very best or you’re going home.

Unfortunately, very few people figured that one out tonight…

To say the semifinals have gotten off to a rough start would be putting it mildly. The girls especially had a weak night, which opened the door for the most annoying contestant of the season. And you know that despite her demure attitude tonight, if the door opens just a crack, she’ll barge right through…

So who’s moving on?

Let’s start with the girls since they’re the biggest crap shoot. I can’t even believe I’m about to say this but I think Tatiana may have given the best performance of the night. But that’s not really saying much considering they were all pretty much a mess. I think there’s an excellent chance that Tatiana could make it—and don’t say I didn’t warn you (because you know I did). However, if America does the right thing they’ll put through Alexis Grace as the top girl.

It should be fairly obvious that Danny Gokey will be the top guy. But this is “Idol” so nothing is obvious. However, I still have to believe he’ll nab the top spot.

That leaves the top vote-getter from the remaining 10 and I have to believe that’s going to a guy. The question is whether it’s Michael Sarver or Anoop Desai. Michael chose a better song, but Anoop had a better vocal. And they’re both extremely likeable guys, so I think it’s a toss-up. However, I think that whichever of these guys doesn’t go through we’ll see him again in the Wild Card Round.

What do you guys think? Do you agree that we could be stuck with Tatiana for a while longer? And are you in love with Danny as much as I am?

Be sure to post your comments and let me know…

And remember that we’ll get the results tomorrow beginning at 8 p.m. on FOX. And since the format is different, we’ll get to see a whole new bag of cruel tricks from Ryan…