Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Is There a Paula-Kara Feud Brewing?

So, before tonight’s episode, let me get you caught up on the saga that’s going on behind the scenes…

The Internet is abuzz over whether there’s a feud brewing between Paula Abdul and Kara DioGuardi.

It was only a matter of time, wasn’t it?

It started with this in the upcoming issue of “OK Magazine”:

What do you think about Kara DioGuardi coming in as a judge?
Kara and I have known each other for years and we get along great. But we
tried four judges before and it doesn't work. It takes up so much time for each
of us to give our opinion that it slows down the pace.

After the comments came to light, Kara told “Access Hollywood,” “Paula has a right to her opinions, but I was disappointed by her comments, and hurt that she did not address them to me in person. I am proud of my contributions to the show, and remain excited about the rest of the season.”

Paula’s rep moved quickly to settle things by telling “Access,” “Paula’s quote was taken out of context.”

Paula herself reiterated that by telling “Entertainment Tonight” shortly before last night’s show, “It is unfortunate that a quote of mine was taken completely out of context today," says Paula. “I was actually referring specifically to the use of ‘guest judges’ in seasons past, NOT Kara or this season. I am thrilled to have her by my side each week on ‘American Idol.’”

The biggest surprise for me about this is how quickly Kara jumped to attack Paula without hearing an explanation. Which makes me wonder…

However, I can’t believe that even Paula is dumb enough to say something like that to a reporter in the first place...

I wouldn’t be surprised to hear Ryan make some kind of crack about the whole thing tonight. He’ll need something to fill out the hour.

Be back in ten…