Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Monday, November 3, 2008

Is It Time for Cook To Turn the “Light” Off?

So everything about David Cook’s performance of his new single “Light On” on “Saturday Night Live” was pitch perfect.

Even that huge octave jump he does toward the end of the song was right on key.

So why was I not jumping up and down with excitement at the end of it? For me, something was just not quite right…

You guys know I like “Light On,” but there’s just something about it that doesn’t translate well to a live performance. Maybe it’s the quick jump from verse to chorus that leaves David nearly gasping for breath. Maybe it’s because it doesn’t allow him to show any personality.

Whatever it is, it’s got me worried…

Think I’m overreacting? A check of YouTube today shows that there are no videos of David singing the song. There are not even any at NBC.com or over at Hulu. That can’t be good.

You can find a video of David’s second song, “Declaration,” which makes me think that maybe people like it better. I, however, am not one of those people.

I have to say I’m a little concerned that RCA may be blowing this one. Boy, do I hope I am VERY wrong…

You can see the video of “Declaration” here...