Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Claymates React

While my blog hasn’t heard a peep from the Claymates (which is highly unusual, by the way), they are reacting to the news on other forums. People.com reported that clayonline.com had more than 2200 messages at midday today.

And not surprisingly, some of the Claymates are taking it pretty hard…

From People.com:
“‘I'm really struggling with this one,’ writes one fan on Claymaniacs.com.
A poster on clayaiken.com writes, ‘I'm only concerned that for those like me who
will still support him no matter what may have some difficulty reconciling that
he wasn't straight forward to begin with.’From the Clay Board, strollynn63
writes, ‘This is a gut wrenching day for The ClayNation. Somebody wake me up, I
hope it's a dream.’”

Clay told “People” that he hopes his fans “know that I've never intended to lie to anybody at all. ... But if they leave, I don't want them to leave hating me.”

Clay joined the discussion himself last night by posting this on his site’s message board:

“We'll 'talk' more later, but, suffice it to say, for the first time in
recent memory, I am speechless. I'm so proud to know and love all of you…My
family is so much larger than Parker, Jaymes, mom, Brett, etc. It extends to
each of you. And I couldn't be more blessed."

Clay wrote the post after last night’s performance of “Spamalot.” People.com reports that fans flocked to the stage door to see Clay, but he ducked out another exit...