Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Amanda Goes Back to the "U.S.S.R."

Okay, stop it with the “back by popular demand” crap. We’re not buying it. And apparently, they’re not buying it either since they’re trying to tell us last week was Lennon-McCartney and this week is The Beatles. So, I’m confused. Those songs last week weren’t Beatles songs?...

Come on…

And don’t you love all of the stalling so they can postpone the performances as much as possible, thus trying to keep people from turning to “Dancing With the Stars”?

Finally, the performances begin…

And have I said how hot I think Ryan looks tonight? Sorry, I know I have a problem…

Amanda Overmyer, “Back in the U.S.S.R.”: 15
Allow me to declare Amanda tonight’s first victim of the backup singers. I’m not sure if she was as off-key as they made her sound. However, you can’t blame them for that rough beginning. It was a good song choice, though, but I agree with Simon that it’s a little too predictable. And she might want to watch the attitude. I’m starting to wonder why she’s even here…

Oh, lord. Kristy Lee Cook is next. I’m nauseous already…