Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Blake's New Album...

In an interview with "TV Guide," Blake Lewis talked about the CD that he's working on...

He said he recorded his first track last night (Tuesday) and he's written seven songs.

BT has signed on to produce and Doug E.Fresh, who performed with Blake on the finale, is in talks to beatbox on a song. Blake said he plans to have four or five people beatbox between tracks.

As for the CD's overall sound, Blake said, "I'd classify it as electro-funk-soul-pop if you need to label it. I really love the sounds of the 80s so I hope to bring some of that back. I'm really inspired by electronic music."

Blake said the CD will be out by Thanksgiving or Christmas...

As for the label, I haven't heard any story about Blake signing, but his MySpace page lists his label as "19 Entertainment and ?." I hope it's not RCA, because Clive will squash Blake's ideas like a bug...