Idol Chit-Chat
This is your place to discuss all things "American Idol." The performances, the judges, the past contestants — it’s all right here.

Monday, March 19, 2007

"Set me free, why don't you, baby..."

If you had been in my apartment or near my office these last few days, you would have heard me singing the same song over and over...

"Set me free, why don't you, baby. Get out of my life, why don't you, baby. 'Cause you don't really love me. You just keep me hangin' on..."
I don't know how it happened, but somehow I've become completely obsessed with Blake's performance last week. And I didn't even rate it the best...

Fortunately for me (and unfortunately for my wallet), there is a way for me to feed this obsession--two actually.

If you are out somewhere and you hear Blake singing, don't worry. It's just my cell phone. As they did last year, Cingular is offering live Idol tones each Wednesday. Blake joins my rather large collection from last season. At $2.49 a pop, you know that Cingular loves me...

You can also download the performances from AmericanIdol.com. This year, though, the downloads are new and improved MP3s that you can listen to on iTunes or Windows Media Player. This week's performances are actually full length studio recordings of the songs. I have no idea if this is the plan for all season, or if they just did that this week because of all the forgotten lyrics. Believe it or not, the studio recording just doesn't have the same zip for me, but that's not keeping me from playing it over and over. The downloads are just 99 cents each.

I really need Blake to sing a new song, so I can get this one out of my head. And I really hope he doesn't listen to the judges and does his own thing again this week.

"Set me free, why don't you, baby. Get out of my life, why don't you, baby..."

Labels: ,